CEMTAS CELIK signed a contract with Danieli Centro Combustion – Olivotto Ferrè in November 2015 for the engineering, supply and supervision to erection, commissioning and start-up of a new heat treating line at the company’s Bursa location.
This new line will allow to enter the hardening, tempering and normalizing market with a superior quality of annealed bars.
Çemtaş is the second-largest producer of alloyed steel bars in Turkey exporting around 70% of its products to the European automotive industry.
The company has its own steel production and rolling capacities at its Bursa location.
Supply consists in a hardening, normalizing and tempering line composed of:
- One austenitizing furnace: an innovative solution with inclined, shaped rolls which will be used for hardening and normalizing
- A spray quench system operating with water and water polymer
- Ensured bar rotation and minimized bar distortion during the process.
- One tempering furnace
- Loading, transferring and unloading tables
An annealing Line consisting in:
- One roller hearth batch furnace operating under nitrogen atmosphere: no added decarburization
- Loading and unloading roller tables
A state-of-the-art Level 1 (L1) and Level (L2) automation system and new generation low environmental impact, high performance burners will offer reduced maintenance. Mechanical and metallurgical properties of high quality bars will match the end users specifications.
A strict framework of cooperation between the Çemtaş and Danieli Olivotto Ferrè teams will guarantee smooth and successful execution of the project, in order to achieve all the contractual milestones related to quality, time schedules and performances.
Start-up is foreseen to commence in December 2016.
Source: Danieli Group
Worldsteelnews.com is not responsible for the content of third party sites.